Are they actual?!
I posted this fiddle leaf fig tree on my IG Tales and acquired lots of DMs from folks asking if it’s actual. Truly, certainly one of my shut mates texted me and requested the identical factor. They’re reaaallll! As you’ll be able to see, because the pandemic I discover pleasure and self-worth by retaining vegetation and cats alive. This new passion grew to become an actual obsession. I’d bounce forwards and backwards between engaged on Artemis and studying about vegetation. Plenty of studying. Boards, backyard golf equipment, books, YouTube movies, blogs… you identify it, I used to be knee deep in it.
I’m a plant fanatic, and under no circumstances an anticipate. However when you’re , I can create a plant care publish particularly in regards to the Fiddle Leaf Fig tree. From my private expertise and what I’ve learn on-line and in books, there are numerous faculties of thought with reference to look after this explicit tree.
I do know it’s a bit unusual to speak about vegetation and never contact on plant care. However on this publish, I simply need to introduce you to my new inexperienced house. It’s truly my remedy house. I sit in that chair on a regular basis with my kittie Sam, and it’s extremely calming.
I realized lots within the move few months about designing with vegetation, and would like to share a few of my ideas with you.
Designing a Trendy Inexperienced Area
1. When making a inexperienced house, the extra vegetation the higher. While you have a look at that IG pic and go… whoa, that appears superb. Often extra typically, that picture transports you to a different place. To create that feeling, it’s important to see and be surrounded by greenery. Grouping vegetation collectively (which might additionally assist improve the humidity which is useful to your vegetation) can create that transformative expertise. When my fiddle leaf fig tree was there by itself, it was okay. However the house felt ornamental. Once I added extra vegetation round it, the house got here to life.
2. Take into account vertical house. Crops that come down from above, like my philodendrons on the shelf, may also help create that majestic and immersive feeling. Everytime you see a waterfall, it feels grand. It feels pulled in and as if you’re a part of that story. Additionally with vertical house, take into account vegetation at completely different heights to create a cover look.
3. Design the house round an announcement piece. An accent chair, a dreamy mattress, an announcement desk… no matter works for you. This not solely is practical (a spot to calm down and sit, a spot to search out peace and sleep, a spot of serenity whereas working), it additionally offers you extra alternatives to work together with the vegetation. As a result of I sit on this house on a regular basis, I observe and actively monitor my vegetation. I can see how moist the soil is, if new spots are creating, any bugs showing, and so on. The care turns into extra interactive and significant.
4. Design with private objects. As a substitute of a plant stand, think about using a stack of books and/or packing containers. As a substitute of utilizing a planter, think about using a candle vessel. With my jewel orchid above, it’s in a 2.5 inch develop pot that matches properly contained in the candle vessel.
5. Don’t be afraid to combine fake with actual. When lighting situations aren’t perfect, take into account mixing fake with actual. For instance within the case of my coronary heart vase, the world is just too darkish and there’s actually no vegetation that I can put in it. I nonetheless needed to proceed the theme of inexperienced in that space, so I added fake ferns. Take into account experimenting and taking part in round with small accents of fake vegetation earlier than transferring into larger objects.
Please needless to say these design ideas will likely be extra fruitful if your home has the lighting situations appropriate for the vegetation you need. For instance, if I transfer my fiddle leaf fig tree to the opposite facet of the shelf, just a few toes away from the window, it would most definitely not do as effectively.
I hope you get pleasure from this publish. In case you have any questions on plant care or design parts, please let me know. And as all the time, thanks a lot for studying!
Thanks a lot for studying!