What does the future hold for Achraf Hakimi?
In his first season with Inter, the Morocco international claimed the Scudetto.
However, his time in Milan could already be coming to an end.
TOP STORY – HAKIMI TO PSG?
Paris Saint-Germain want to sign star Inter full-back Achraf Hakimi, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Inter won the Serie A in 2020-21 but find themselves in a tough financial situation due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with head coach Antonio Conte already opting to depart.
Hakimi, Romelu Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez and Alessandro Bastoni could reportedly be sold to ease some of the economic pressure at San Siro.
PSG are believed to be interested, though Inter are demanding more than €60million for the 22-year-old, who only joined from Real Madrid at the start of the season.
Madrid have the right of first refusal and can match any offer for their former defender, while Bayern Munich and Chelsea have also been linked.
Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing Achraf Hakimi. Talks on but no agreement yet – Inter want more than €60m to sell Hakimi. #PSG
Real Madrid have a right of first refusal for Hakimi – they can match any offer but there’s no contact from Real board as of today.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 28, 2021
– The Daily Mail claims Arsenal are plotting a shock bid for Manchester City star Raheem Sterling. The England international found himself out of Pep Guardiola’s starting XI at times in 2020-21. Madrid and Barca have been previously linked.
– Paul Pogba remains a dream signing for Juventus, reports Calciomercato. Sassuolo’s Manuel Locatelli and Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez have emerged as targets for Juve, though the Bianconeri are still keen on Manchester United star Pogba, though Udinese’s Rodrigo De Paul is an alternative.
– Romano says Barca are open to selling Philippe Coutinho, though Arsenal are not interested in the former Liverpool attacker.
– Lionel Messi‘s contract extension is a priority for Barca before any new signings are made, according to the front page of Saturday’s Mundo Deportivo. Barca have been tipped to bring in Lyon captain Memphis Depay, Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum and Manchester City pair Sergio Aguero and Eric Garcia on free transfers. Gianluigi Donnarumma – another free agent option as his Milan contract expires – is also a possible recruit.
– According to Romano and widespread reports in Italy, Luciano Spalletti has agreed to replace Gennaro Gattuso as Napoli head coach.